Sunday, November 13, 2016

Review: Superwoman #4

Review: Superwoman #4
Submitted by: Theresa Stier
12 November 2016
“Who Killed Superwoman: Part 4: Together Again (for the Very First Time!)”, by Phil Jimenez and artist Emanuela Lupacchino, starts with Lana Lang being haunted by her Lois Lane (the one that has died due to her powers, not the Lois that has come from another universe to fill her place). Lana thinks she's going insane, which I can't say I blame her. If a ghost showed up to me and wouldn't leave me alone I would think I was going crazy as well. The reader learns that Lana is afraid of dying. She knows that her time is soon, due to the powers that she has, but she's not ready to go yet. Again, I can't say I blame her.

This issue also brings Lex back into the discussion. In this universe, Lex is Superman, but not everyone thinks that Lex is their “hero”. Superwoman is the one that the people of Metropolis consider their hero. They, of course, don't know that the powers that Superwoman has is killing her and they might be living in a world where Superwoman no longer exists sooner rather than later.

The Verdict: This comic gives a little bit more into the life of Lana Lang and her relationship with Lois Lane (her universe Lois Lane). It also gives more insight to what she's feeling, what she's going through, and what she thinks about the new Lois coming in from another universe. The next issue looks like it's going to be filled with action and I have a feeling that Lana is going to start to get a bit weaker, due to her powers killing her. She might end up like Lois, die while fighting. With that in mind, I'm curious to see what the next issue will bring. 

Follow Theresa on Twitter @Smallville0628 and @Geektified for the latest comic reviews!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment