Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Review: Scooby Apocalypse #5


Review: Scooby Apocalypse #5
Submitted by: Theresa Stier, Comic News Writer
14 September 2016

“Scooby Apocalypse: The Siege,” by Keith Giffen and artist J.M. DeMatteis, is definitely not like the Scooby-Doo I grew up with (with a title like “Scooby Apocalypse,” though, that's expected). However, what I didn't expect was that the characters were going to be different, mainly Daphne. She's not trusting and she's very headstrong, which is good when you're in an apocalypse. However, this character doesn't really remind me of the Daphne I remember. The two characters that haven't changed are Scooby and Shaggy. Scooby has become a little braver, but, other than that, he's the Scooby we know and love. Shaggy brings up the fact that they're in a Mall-Mart that has enough food for them for years. Even though it's a good thing to be concerned with, Shaggy would be the one that mentions food.

The creature that the gang is up against is definitely not like the monsters they've faced before. I'm hoping that Daphne is wrong and that Velma isn't part of the cause of this apocalypse and she's trying to help them. I'm also hoping that once this apocalypse is over they will all become friends once again. Scooby-Doo is about friends coming together to solve mysteries, not Daphne not trusting Velma. I hope that Daphne learns to trust her friends again and that she comes out of this with a better attitude than the one she has now.    

The Verdict: I did enjoy reading a different version of Scooby-Doo, even if Daphne's character isn't… well the Daphne I remember. I'm curious to see the next issue, to see if Velma is behind this or not and how (if) they get out of the Mall-Mart.  

Follow Theresa on Twitter @Smallville0628 and @Geektified for the latest comic reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment