Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Review: The Flash #6



Review: The Flash #6
Submitted by: Theresa Stier, Comic News Writer
14 September 2016

“Revenge,” by Joshua Williamson and artist Carmine Di Giandomenico, is great! I know that's a word that I really shouldn't use for reviews, because it's generic, but this comic is really great. It starts off with a depressed Barry, since he lost Meena. He's determined to find Meena (since he thinks she's still alive) and is going to do everything he can to protect the other Speedsters. I don't blame the other Speedsters for wanting to get rid of their powers. I, too, would want to see if there was a way to be rid of the Speed Force if there were someone out there killing my kind. Barry hates that he can't protect them, so he goes to Iris for help (which is what I'd do as well).

The part that makes this comic great, though, is the fight between Barry and August. Even though there isn't a major physical fight between them (yet), it gives the reader a sense of why August did what   he did, why he didn't go to Barry, and why he didn't trust the justice system. The way this comic ends, I'm pretty sure that the next issue is going to start with Barry and August having that physical fight... at least that's what I'm hoping happens! I always look forward to seeing a superhero/supervillain fight.  

The Verdict: I would highly recommend this comic and can't wait for the next issue! I'm also curious to see whether or not Meena is alive. I am hoping that she's alive, for both Barry and Wally's sake, but it doesn't look good. 


Follow Theresa on Twitter @Smallville0628 and @Geektified for the latest comic reviews!  

No comments:

Post a Comment